October 13, 2010

Olivia's Birthday!

It's time! On our way to the hospital. 39 weeks.
Last picture as a family of two.
Look at all her black hair.


Love at first sight... Proud New Daddy!
First Family Picture
Olivia in her going home outfit.
Going home!


The Birth Story:
On Oct. 11 I went in for my almost 40 week appointment, I was one day away. While there my dr. checked me to see my progress. When he checked me, I was still at 2cm and 90% effaced. He asked me if I wanted to be induced and what day would work for me...John said how about today?...the Doc said let me check if they have space at St. Agnes and came back after one quick phone call and asked us to meet him at the hospital before noon. We were so excited but very nervous.

So John and I went home. We ate breakfast, cleaned the house, fed the dogs, packed up the car and left to the hospital. We checked in at 11:00. They started the pitocin around noon. My progress was slow. Then my doctor came in at around 6 and broke my water. After that my progress was about a cm every two hours. Then I started feeling the contractions. So painful at around 9 they came in to give me my epidural. At around 5 a.m on October 12, I was ready to push. I was so tired but 30 minutes of pushing later Olivia made her debut. The pushing wasn't bad with the drugs and all. But the afterwards when the doctor is pushing on your stomach, that hurt a lot.

Olivia weighed in at 8 pounds 2 ounces. She was a big girl, with a full head of black hair. She measure 20 1/2 inches long. We were able to get our ow private room thanks to our friend Lori. She was and amazing nurse. The day she was born Lori stole her bassinet and decorated it with ribbons and bows. In the nursery Olivia's bassinet was the only pimped out bassinet. We had a lot of visitors and we were so happy to show off our baby girl. Thanks to everyone for all the love and support.

No comments: