May 3, 2008

My Trip to Pennsylvania

was a wonderful vacation. I love going to the east coast. It's always a blast to visit family and friends. I come back to California having much more appreciation for little things, like, toilet seat covers, and the word soda! Franklin, Pennsylvania, is a little town with not much to do. It's about 2 hours aways from Pittsburgh. I didn't believe how small it was until I realized we had to travel about 20 minutes to a four cinema theatre to watch the Movie 21. But I love the quaintness of the town, the historic buildings, the Victorian houses some established in the 1800's and the amazing architecture of the churches on every corner. This time around I was there for our cousin Michelle's wedding. She married a good guy and wouldn't have missed it for the world. I love being able to be apart of their very special days.From the moment we get there it is go go go. We helped with making all the food for the reception. YES, you read that right everything homemade. Homemade cookie, biscotti, meatball, marinara sauce, alfredo sauce, chicken stuffing.....oh yeah an lets not forget Sarah's delicious Jello Shots...he he he!!! We hardly ever have time to sit down and be bored. We have made really good friends, like Sue and Roy, Crazy Mike, Joan, and lots of more people. We are always sad to leave them but look forward to seeing them again.

The Newlyweds!

This is how popular the Jello Shots were!

Uncle Mike and Aunt Maggie on their best behavior, before M&Ms started flying everywhere.

The mother and father to be.


No comments: