March 2, 2008

Firefighter's Ball



The ball had been a tradition for 130 years. For some reason or another they just stopped doing it. The last time they had one was 35 years ago. But with the help of The Chief and some firefighters and sponsors, the Ball was back on! John and I had such a wonderful time. It is always exciting to get all dress up.

For me it was a very proud moment to be Firefighter John Pepper's Wife. It was almost surreal to be sitting at a table with some of his captains and hearing all the compliments they had to say about my husband. Something we worked at for so long and hard and there we were sitting there with all these amazing people. All the firemen dressed in their class "A" uniforms, the atmosphere was one I cannot describe. Their is this bond that all these people have and you could definitely feel it.




I am a proud wife!


The band was made up of all firefighters.

Our friend Scoggins on the base!

1 comment:

Captain Chaos said...

Damn, can't believe I missed the prom! They wouldn't let me come because I wanted to bring four girls as dates. I guess some people wouldn't appreciate that, who knew? Haha. Glad to hear from you guys and thanks for reading, come see me sometime all it will cost you is flights.